Senior Manufacturing Engineer III
Company: Duravent Group
Posted on: August 2, 2022
If you're an experienced Manufacturing Engineer ------we want to
talk to you!You will be working with the best people in our
industry!DuraVent operates as a TEAM with family values!
Manufacturing Engineer Level IIIDuraventThis position is in
Position SummaryThe Manufacturing Engineer Level III leads and
supports process improvement technology at the company's Vacaville
site. The focus of this position will be leading new product
integrations, process improvement and cost savings projects. The
Manufacturing Engineer will work as the Continuous Improvement.
Leader to implement CI/LEAN methodologies and tools to help improve
business functions in all manufacturing departments. They will be
responsible for determining most effective ways to improve
production flow, increase productivity, maximize efficiency, and
manage human capital.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop most efficient methods to use people, machines,
materials, information, and energy to manufacture a product.
- Implement new products into existing production lines or
develop new production lines or work cells.
- Develop, specify, and acquire new production tooling and
- Develops and audits Preventative Maintenance programs for key
- Develops and maintains process documentation (Process
Instruction, Standardized Work) and material specifications to
support manufacturing continuity.
- Assures product and process quality by developing measurement
and testing methods and testing fixtures.
- Works with plant leadership including quality, maintenance,
engineering, supply chain and manufacturing.
- Use Lean principles to analyze and improve material flow and
plant layout to optimize production efficiency, safety, quality,
and costs and remove waste throughout all processes.
- Support long term plan for department Continuous Improvement
activities that lead to higher safety, better quality, manpower
refinements, and other plant savings.
- Projects will include safety improvements, conducting lean
events, scrap reduction, labor reduction, material flow
improvement, product engineering changes, or reduction in
- Coordinate shop-floor training with department supervision to
ensure processes/procedures/work instructions are being followed
and training is being reinforced.
- Ensure and maintain proper Bill of Materials, work centers, and
product routings for responsible departments. Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial, Manufacturing or Mechanical
- 8+ years of experience in process/manufacturing/industrial
engineering in a manufacturing environment
- Strong track record of successful project management
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes including welding,
machining, forming, mechanical assembly and production testing
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communications skills - oral, written, and
- Strong computer skills: MS office, MS project, SolidWorks, and
- Ability to influence people who are not direct reports
- Knowledge of Lean principles and practices established
manufacturing procedures and leading
- Kaizen events.
- Experience in the venting industry or related building
- SAP Experience is a plus
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to use hand and arms to perform repetitive
- Work on concrete floors, wearing steel toes boots, hearing
protection and protective eyewear.
- Frequent standing and sitting.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
- Frequently subjected to interruptions, multiple calls, and
inquiries. The noise level in the work environment is usually
Company Summary:Headquartered in Detroit, Michigan, DuraVent, a
recognized technological leader in the HVAC industry, is
consistently first-to-market with new innovations and is commitment
to providing safe and technologically advanced products.
Scientifically proven materials and unequaled engineering make
DuraVent products not only the best and safest choice, but the only
choice for professional quality solutions. In addition to its
Detroit headquarters, DuraVent has multiple manufacturing
facilities and distribution centers strategically located
throughout North America. DuraVent has earned its leadership
position with best-in-class design and manufacturing capabilities,
world-class distribution networks, and customer-first service and
support. DuraVent offers the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Eleven Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation (Two Weeks - first year)
- Paid Personal Time Off (6 days per year)
- 401(k) with 4% upon hire
Keywords: Duravent Group, Vacaville , Senior Manufacturing Engineer III, Engineering , Vacaville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!