Training and Development Manager
Company: Travis Credit Union
Posted on: March 15, 2020
- Designs, develops, implements and assesses training and
development strategies that support key business initiatives, and
increases organizational, team and individual effectiveness in
support of the credit union's mission.
- Leads and manages the performance and resources of the Training
& Development department to ensure the effective and responsive
delivery of services to organizational leaders and staff.
- Provides strong subject matter expertise in leadership
development, change management and organizational development.
- Collaborates and consults with management to understand the
business outcomes essential for their success. Designs and develops
training programs that equip staff with the required skills to
achieve the credit union's business initiatives and mission. Plans,
assesses and evaluates training and organizational development
services against the organization's business initiatives and the
needs of staff.
- Designs, develops, implements, and evaluates training for all
levels of staff that enhances the productivity and quality of work,
build employee loyalty, engagement and morale. Responsible for the
ongoing management of Employee Engagement Surveys and follow-up
- Facilitates and participates in cross-functional project teams
and department team meetings.
- Identifies key performance indicators and other metrics to
ensure the effective development, coordination and presentation of
training and development programs. Develops assessments and
conducts follow-up studies of all completed training to evaluate
and measure results; modifies programs as needed.
- Develops trainer development programs and coach others involved
in training efforts, providing effective growth and
career/professional development opportunities. Establishes training
standards and provides quality assurance for training activities
conducted by other departments in the organization. Ensure all
learning and skill development programs are built with a consistent
and organized methodology to include needs assessment, return on
investment/expectations, success evaluation, quality control, and
adult learning techniques.
- Leads and manages the performance of the Training and
Development staff. Develops and manages the department budget.
Oversee the planning, implementation and facilitation of internal
activities and events. Plans and organizes the work of the
department and assigns resources as needed. Develops and/or
modifies training and development policies and processes.
- Designs, develops, facilitates and evaluates leadership
training programs to include, but not limited to, performance
management, staff development, change management, enhancing
leadership skills and succession planning.
Skills & Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of learning concepts, training and
development methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of principles of organizational development and
- Extensive knowledge of leadership, soft skills, employee
development and technical training.
- Sound understanding of TCU's products and services.
- Ability to perform and interpret needs analyses, and translate
the findings into actionable next steps. Strong analytical
statistical, quantitative, and deduction skills and ability to make
qualitative judgments of training, education and development
resources in all types and formats.
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning processes,
instructional design techniques, and evaluation methodologies.
- Strong planning and project management skills and ability to
apply these skills in effective working partnerships across
- Excellent oral/written communication skills, including group
facilitation and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including leadership,
influencing, and relationship-building across functions. Ability to
identify, use, understand and manage emotions in positive ways to
empathize with others, overcome challenges, and defuse conflict;
- Ability to work with management to align learning/leadership
development with succession planning initiatives.
- Ability to organize/prioritize work, manage multiple tasks and
projects and function effectively as a self-directed leader of
- Ability to create momentum and foster organizational
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Business, Organizational
Development, Psychology or related area or equivalent
- Minimum 7 years training and development experience in the
areas of facilitating, consulting, coaching, program development,
leadership training and organizational development. Experience
developing and implementing programs to build employee loyalty,
engagement and morale preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of management/leadership experience.
Keywords: Travis Credit Union, Vacaville , Training and Development Manager, Executive , Vacaville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!