Company: Marys Pizza Shack of California
Posted on: January 7, 2021
JOB TITLE: Assistant Manager
REPORTS TO: General Manager
CLASSIFICATION: Non Exempt
The assistant manager plays an integral role in the successful
running of a store. Communication is the key. The General Manager
and Assistant must act as one. The duties are divided between the
General Manager and Assistant Manager. The Assistant Manager helps
identify the weaknesses and implements new changes. The General
Manager still oversees and finalizes decisions, particularly
concerning terminations, ordering, and scheduling.
- To oversee all operations at the store level.
- Selecting, hiring and review of employees.
- Recognize problems & offering solutions.
- Ability to follow all recipes as outlined in recipe
- Strong communication skills.
- Maintain TOP budgeted goal per Quarter of 90% or
- Follows all sanitation, cleanliness and organizational
- Serv Safe Certified.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following reflects management's definition of essential
functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be
assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable
accommodation or other reasons.
- Controls the sales and profitability of the
- Monitors standards for restaurant including but not limited to
personnel administration and performance, service to guests,
advertising, outside marketing and publicity.
- Implements the business plan for the restaurant location to
meet annual and strategic goals for profitability, food sales
revenue, customer count and expenses.
- Monitors overall condition of restaurant, public areas, and
outside grounds; ensures that deficiencies are rectified.
- Monitors restaurant budget; oversees all accounting
- Ensures compliance with all government regulations, policies
and procedures, including OSHA, Department of Health, Fire
- Maintains visibility and accessibility to guests, staff, and
vendors; maintains effective communication with all staff to ensure
restaurant is performing at established standards.
- Ensures that guest's needs are fulfilled and their dining
experience is as pleasurable as possible; responds to guest
feedback, including complaints/problems.
- Establishes par levels for supplies and equipment; monitors and
maintains proper inventory levels; authorizes purchase orders for
supplies and equipment.
- Possesses and maintains thorough understanding of industry and
stays abreast of industry trends; communicates/incorporates
information to assure restaurant remains current.
- Ensures all kitchen and food and beverage operations are in
compliance with all legislated health and licensing guidelines;
ensures adherence to all health and safety regulations and
- Possesses and maintains thorough knowledge of all beverage
selections available and characteristics/description of every
wine/champagne on the wine list and by the glass; all menu items,
preparation method/time, ingredients, sauces, portion sizes,
presentation, and prices.
- Prepares accurate and timely reports as required.
- Assists staff with job functions as needed to ensure optimum
service to all guests.
- Ensures follow through and communication of all company changes
are addressed to appropriate departments.
- Hires, trains, supervises, motivates, and develops restaurant
staff; manages schedules and workflow.
- Provides day-to-day guidance and oversight of subordinates;
actively works to promote and recognize performance.
- Takes ownership and pride in passing on the Mary's Pizza Shack
traditions. Teach new employees about Mary's values and
- Keeps up to date on overall activities of the team, identifying
problem areas and taking corrective actions.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Mary's Pizza Shack.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- At least four years experience and/or training in the
restaurant field, which includes supervision, inventory control,
and food preparation, is required. College-level coursework in
business, marketing and sales is desirable. Demonstrated
proficiency in supervising and motivating subordinates
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Basic competence in subordinates' duties and tasks
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Passion, flexibility, and a willingness to work within
constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Basic Word, Excel, Outlook skills a plus
- Bilingual skills a plus
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels
and from various backgrounds
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary
language used in the workplace
Keywords: Marys Pizza Shack of California, Vacaville , Assistant Manager, Executive , Vacaville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!