General Manager - Drilling Supply Distribution
Company: Hole Products LLC
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Preferred General Manager would have hands-on, technical and/or
sales experience in the drilling industry. In addition, the General
Manager must be professional, self-motivated, team oriented, and
possess the ability to simultaneously manage daily responsibilities
and a growing customer base.Responsibilities and Duties - General
- Manage Inside salespersons
- Be sure quotes are being delivered in a timely manner
- Be sure quotes are being followed up / won. Help inside sales
accomplish this when needed, with better pricing/strategy/etc.
- Be sure orders are being entered correctly (pricing, shipping,
etc.) and that orders are followed up to ensure they were delivered
- Be sure phone calls, emails, faxes, etc. are being answered
and/or returned in a timely manner.
- Be sure all new customers and contacts are being entered into
NS, and that all info is entered completely and accurately.
- Be sure if any inside salespersons are making purchases, that
it is being done correctly (see Manage Financials section
- Be sure part files in NetSuite are being set up and maintained
- Be sure AR / credit card guidelines are being followed
- Work with OSS persons
- Communicate regularly to help the OSS persons with their
business development; of new customers that may not yet be on their
radar, and even old ones that may have slipped off of it.
- Be aware of different drilling markets in your area, and work
with OSS to be sure they are tapping into all markets.
- Help OSS with pricing for quotes and orders, when needed
- Manage warehouse/shipping persons
- Be sure the best carriers are being utilized, to ensure low
rates and good margins on shipping
- Be sure orders are getting picked/packed accurately, and that
proper packaging guidelines are being followed
- Be sure warehouse is kept neat and orderly, and that incoming
orders are properly labeled and put away in a timely manner
- Be sure delivery vehicles are properly maintained, and kept
- Manage financials
- Perform daily invoicing review prior to sending invoicing to
LF, in order to ensure that sales orders have correct shipping
pricing, product pricing, dates are corrected on fulfilments,
- Perform daily vendor bill approvals. Be sure all costs on
vendor bills are correct and the product was received in full,
prior to sending back approved copies to LF. Also verify to LF what
month the bill shall be posted in, if different that the bill's
- Keep operating costs low; no wasteful spending on office
supplies, shipping supplies, etc.
- Be sure products are priced correctly, with proper margins, and
according to market.
- Be sure purchases are made at the best pricing that can be
negotiated from our vendors, and that correct vendors are used for
all products. Also, be sure vendor account and vendor contact info
is properly entered and maintained in NS
- Manage Inventory
- Be sure stock level reorder points are set correctly to
maintain a proper on hand quantity, that allows a high level of
service as well as a proper amount of inventory turns.
- Keep track of slow moving and/or dead inventory, take
appropriate steps to keep these levels at a minimum
- Be sure stock is being rotated, especially on products that
have a shelf life, or can become corroded during storage
- Be sure all inventory is cycle counted on a regular basis, at
the proper intervals
- Be sure part files in NS are being set up and maintained
- Be sure stock is clearly identified within bins, bundles, on
shelving, on racks, in the yard, etc.
- Overall/General Manager duties
- Manage all aspects of building / lot maintenance. If some tasks
are not included in rent (snowplowing, lawn care, trash pickup,
etc.), be sure to select the most economical means to get them
- Manage all aspects of employee safety. Be sure warehouse
racking/shelving is properly rated for the loads being put on it,
and that they are secured to the floor correctly when needed. Be
sure employees are wearing the correct PPE and following company
safety guidelines. Be sure vehicles/forklifts are being operated
safely, and with correct training/qualifications in place for the
employees that are operating them.
- Manage employees in general. Be sure to staff the branch with
the correct employees to ensure daily operations and customer
service can be efficiently handled. Schedule/Approve vacations
accordingly, so daily operations and customer service levels are
not adversely affected. Keep track of employee's vacation / sick
time so correct amounts are allowed. Keep track of employee
performance, in order to provide feedback for reviews, etc.
- Cross Train in order to fill in/help with inside sales,
warehouse, shipping/receiving duties as requiredRepresent the Hole
Products Brand and Company in a professional manner. Qualifications
and Skills - General Manager
- Previous Drilling and/or Sales Experience
- Good Computer Skills
- Team Oriented
- Organized & Proficient Time Management
- Problem Solver
- Professional with a Positive Attitude
Keywords: Hole Products LLC, Vacaville , General Manager - Drilling Supply Distribution, Executive , Vacaville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!