Company: Blue Mountain Construction Services
Posted on: September 24, 2022
#bme1234Must be authorized to work in the United States for any
employer.JOB SUMMARYThe Purchasing Manager is responsible for
assisting the Communities Operations Department in the research of
specific products to be used in the construction of the company's
product. The Purchasing Manager will maintain data on
subcontractors hired, determine estimates of house budgets for
direct cost, competitively bid subcontractors as needed, negotiate
price and terms; and create and maintain direct cost budgets for
all active projects.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research products used in all single-family dwellings while
keeping up-to-date on all new products, materials, building
techniques and cost saving applications while enhancing the overall
quality of the home. Maintain product information on the products
- Directly responsible for managing new projects: gathering bid
documents, bid broadcast, bid spread & analysis, negotiating and
- Develop and maintain budgets of direct cost for use in the
sales pricing. Provide up-to-date direct cost used to determine
sales pricing. Maintain budgets concurrent to any changes.
- Negotiate terms and pricing with the subcontractors and develop
legal and binding contracts, with approval of Legal, for each
subcontractor. Determine methods to ensure that the contracts
signed by the subcontractors are current and completely up to date
through communication with the field superintendents.
- Maintain current information on all subcontractors employed by
the company including but not limited to insurance, license,
emergency numbers and contacts. Manage the relationships with
subcontractor's suppliers and manufacturers.
- Partner with Safety to ensure compliance with OSHA through the
- Responsible for contract maintenance; negotiate revised
proposals and process change orders.
- Effectively communicate and coordinate activities with internal
departments, site construction and sales teams, designers and all
external trade partners.
- Build and maintain project option catalogs
- Assist Director of Operations and President as needed.
Communicate any issues associated with the purchasing of
subdivision, subcontractor problems and/or construction problems as
they relate to the signed contracts.
- Understand and effectively articulate the goals, ideals
standards and direction of the company to subcontractors and
- All other related duties as assigned.KEY JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Requires a BS degree in Construction Management or equivalent
- Must have a strong knowledge and understanding of purchasing
- Must possess a working knowledge of the policies and procedures
used by the Superintendents in the field.
- Must be able to analyze the housing and economic markets for
the areas in which the product is to be built.
- Must possess a working knowledge of general accounting
- Must possess a solid working knowledge of all the trades and
products required to construct a single-family dwelling.
- Must be able to decipher and analyze California's Title 24
- Must be able to analyze subcontractor bids and the ability of
subcontractor to perform to the standards of our company.
- Must have the ability to understand the technical aspects of
- Must possess good time management skills and meet
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with
all levels of staff and outside contacts.
- Must possess excellent computer skills including Microsoft
Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must possess a valid California driver's license.PHYSICAL
REQUIREMENTSMust be able to work in both an office and construction
environment. Work is performed both inside & outdoors. Lighting is
artificial. Equipment used includes standard office equipment i.e.
computer, telephone, fax machine and copier. Physical demands
include sitting, walking, standing, bending over, kneeling,
repetitive use of hands, grasping, pushing, pulling and lifting of
up to 25lbs. Hours and days are Monday through Friday with
occasional weekends or overtime required. Position requires close
contact with Blue Mountain employees.Company Benefits:We offer
Medical, Dental, Vision, Vacation, paid sick leave, and a 401(k)
with employer provided match.
EEO STATEMENTBlue Mountain is committed to providing an environment
of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are
available to all applicants and teammates. Blue Mountain is an
equal opportunity employer and as such, openly support and fully
commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, and
compensation of individuals without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and
sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We
believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is
critical to our success.
Keywords: Blue Mountain Construction Services, Vacaville , Purchasing Manager, Executive , Vacaville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!