Fleet Manager - Auto Transportation
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Logistics Fleet Manager - 12 hour days rotating weekends
CarMax, the way your career should be!
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for regularly managing and
directing the work of a team of Fleet Drivers, Dispatchers,
Coordinators, Analysts, Logistics Associates, or other positions
deemed necessary in performing the Transportation related
operational functions within a designated territory.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directly manage territory Fleet Drivers including the
performance development, scheduling and training, etc.
- Work with internal fleet drivers to share goals and strategy in
- Ensures positive associate engagement and associate development
through timely and effective feedback, to include individual
meetings, file reviews, performance management, and the Annual
Performance Review (APR) process
Executing day to day operational logistics functions:
- Problem solve and exercise judgement to make modifications to
daily routes to accommodate the needs of customers
- Directly manage regional fleet drivers including fleet safety
within the region
- Achieve daily KPI metrics to include 98% or better on time
performance score, Bill of Lading utilization as determined in each
lane by the senior manager, dwell time management
- Develop delivery routes and maintain contact with drivers
throughout the day by answering incoming calls
- Cultivate strong relationships with drivers and customers
- Monitor route changes or road construction issues and work with
drivers to establish new routes for timely deliveries
- Champion and implement both company and store initiatives for
consistent execution, continuous improvement and ensures team is
trained on CarMax standards
- Utilize reports, analyzes information, and monitors trends to
identify opportunities in the territory
- Monitors standard reporting for their territory to determine
priority level of moves.
- Communicate to key stakeholders all pertinent information
captured after all store visits, conference calls, work groups and
- Partners across Merchandising, Operations, & Sales to produce
daily ship plan with staffing targets
- Partner with third party vendors to provide fleet coverage as
- Manage daily hub operations which includes coordination of
shipping and receiving
- Partner with Senior store leadership to address operational
- Responsible for maintenance and repairs for all fleet equipment
to include scheduling and partnering with lease vendors
- Displays financial responsibility
Internal Fleet Management:
- Monitor Telogis for violations or safety concerns and provide
feedback to fleet drivers.
- Coordinates with Background Screening and ensures all internal
fleet driver DOT qualification documents, and DOT requirements, are
current and in compliance with DOT regulation.
- Work with CarMax telematics solution to measure fleet
- Communicate KPIs to ensure service alignment & visibility to
- Partner with Home Office Logistics team to align performance
and future needs.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Two + years managing a fleet, required
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Strong communication skills required (both oral and written) to
act as principle point of contact for the department.
- Multi-task in a high energy, fast-paced work environment
- Speak, listen, and write effectively in dealings with customers
and associates across departments.
- Make independent judgments regarding critical business
- Identify business opportunities and suggest improvements
- Strong ability to evaluate and negotiate all related department
decisions while establishing lane rates, delivery time frames, and
acceptable timelines for dispatching.
- Requires non-manual work that may require walking or standing
for extended periods of time.
- Flexible work hours with shifts that will include nights,
- Must be comfortable working in a combination of both office and
outdoor environment, including working at times in noisy and/or
inclement weather conditions
- Requires ability to travel 50% or as required.
- Wears CarMax clothing (acquired through company) at all times
working in the store.
- Adhere to all CarMax policies including, but not limited to,
Attendance, Proper Recording of Time, Asset Protection, EH&S
(Environmental, Health & Safety), and Standards of Professional
- Internal Candidates: Completion of MDP Required
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable
accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.
Keywords: CarMax, Vacaville , Fleet Manager - Auto Transportation, Executive , Vacaville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!