Artifacts and Exhibit Manager
Company: The Vacaville Museum
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*Summary of Position: *The Vacaville Museum's Artifacts and
Exhibits manager is tasked with the curation and registrar of the
museum. This includes organizing and leasing exhibits, collecting,
protecting, and interpreting artifacts, identifying and recording
new items into the collection, organizing artifact loans, and
managing community inquiries about the collection.
*Reporting Relationship: * Executive Director *Position Hours: *
*Position Classification: * Non-exempt *Rate of Pay: $*24-$28 per
hr, commensurate with experience
*SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES: *
* Acquire and organize collections related to Solano County history
* Follow the accepted standard for Museum collection care
procedures, and develop and implement new as necessary.
* Maintain records, and utilize the computer program to catalogue
* Research, compile, and prepare written information for and about
* Train gallery docents prior to each exhibit
* Work closely with volunteers, consultants, and others on exhibit
* Respond to inquiries from public and other institutions including
use of images and objects.
* Research Solano County history.
* Collaborate with other institutions.
*PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: *
* A minimum of two years of experience working in a museum or
* Undergraduate degree in one of the following disciplines is
preferred: History, Event/Exhibition Management, Arts
Administration, Art, Art History, Archaeology, Anthropology.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to organize, present, and communicate messages
effectively through design.
* Excellent project management and organizational skills.
* Knowledge of fundraising for cultural projects.
* Knowledge of museum databases, PastPerfect experience
* Good team working skills.
* Excellent research skills.
* Basic IT skills.
* Knowledge of basic artifact handling and care.
*PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: *
* Able to safely lift 25 lbs.
_*ADDITIONAL COMPLIANCE LANGUAGE*_
To be determined.
_(The Vacaville Museum reserves the right, at any time, with or
without notice, to alter or change job accountabilities, reassign
or transfer job positions, or assign additional job
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $24.00 - $28.00 per hour
* Paid time off
* 8 hour shift
* Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Vacaville, CA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before
starting work (Required)
* Exhibit curation: 1 year (Required)
* Museum work: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: The Vacaville Museum, Vacaville , Artifacts and Exhibit Manager, Executive , Vacaville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!