Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: January 8, 2021
- Selects and administers intravenous,
spinal and other anesthetics prior to and during surgical or
medical procedures, as a member of the anesthesia care team and in
accordance with Kaiser Permanente policies and procedures. Monitors
patient reactions and vital signs during and after anesthesia and
takes remedial action when warranted. Submits postoperative report
on patient condition, and maintains records of anesthetics
administered. Performs procedures outside of the OR, in accordance
with KP policies and procedures, established competency, and MD
- Conducts and/or reviews anesthetic evaluation of patients prior
to surgical proceedings, deliveries or other pertinent medical
procedures in hospital setting; consults with anesthesiologists
- Reviews patients charts, including permits, pre-operative
medications, lab work, and any other significant variations, such
as hearing aids, dentures, contact lenses, or other prostheses, in
accordance with KP's policies and procedures and the departmental
- Evaluates patients to identify apparent difficulties with
airway control, etc. Ensures that all pre-anesthesia evaluations
are documented thoroughly according to policies and standards.
- Explains tests, procedures and disease processes to patients
and their family as indicated; explains the major anesthetic risks
to patients as requested and documents that the risks are explained
- Develops the care regimen of assigned patients; reviews the
care regimen with the supervising physician and gains concurrence;
implements the anesthesia plan; starts IV solution, administers
selected anesthetic, choice of anesthetic consistent with patient
safety, surgical need, possible post operative complications, and
patients history and conditions. and evaluates and manages the
patient, according to departmental policy.
- Participates with post anesthesia care unit personnel in a
patient safety oriented interface when patients are transferred
from the surgery suite.
- Monitors patients' vital signs, such as blood pressure and
observes any significant physical changes; informs anesthesiologist
and/or surgeon of patient's condition and takes any necessary
remedial action such as infant resuscitation when necessary.
- Mixes solutions to required concentrations, such as pentothal,
succinylcholine, vaso-active drugs etc.
- Keeps current accurate and complete record of procedures
performed and patients' conditions immediately prior to the
administration of anesthesia according to established
- Performs procedures done outside of OR, such as intubation,
arterial line placement, etc., in accordance with policies and
procedures, competencies, and physician order. Charts details of
procedures done on progress notes.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on
a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right
to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such
positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are
generally implemented only after notice is given to affected
- Basic Qualifications:Experience
- Graduate of an accredited registered nursing program.
- Graduate of an accredited school of anesthesia.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
required.License, Certification, Registration
- Current California RN License required by date of hire.
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist and registered in the
State of California by date of hire.
- BLS required.
- ACLS required
- Must have a National Provider Identifier (NPI), or obtain an
NPI, prior to employment start date.Additional Requirements:
- Demonstrated understanding of all regulatory requirements and
legal consequences of anesthesia care.
- Proven ability to exercise professional prerogatives based on
sound clinical judgment.
- Demonstrated track record of following the precautionary and
preventive measures in giving patient care.
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams and have proven
communications and listening skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in interpersonal relations,
customer service, adaptability and change management.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- Must be eligible for Medicare/Medi-Cal enrollment. Medicare
enrollment requires current certification by one of the following
organizations: Council on Certification of Nurse Anesthetists or
the Council on Recertification of Nurse Anesthetists.Preferred
- N/APrimaryLocation : California,Vacaville,Vacaville
HospitalHoursPerWeek : 24Shift : VariableWorkdays : Mon, Tue, Wed,
Thu, Fri, Sat, SunWorkingHoursStart : VariesWorkingHoursEnd :
VariesJob Schedule : Part-timeJob Type : StandardEmployee Status :
RegularEmployee Group/Union Affiliation : NUE-NCAL-03-NUE-Non Union
EmployeeJob Level : Individual ContributorJob Category : Nursing
LicensedDepartment : AnesthesiaTravel : NoKaiser Permanente is an
equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive
workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental
status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status,
genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of
diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.External
hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified
applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered
for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws,
as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited
to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Vacaville , Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist, Healthcare , Vacaville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!