Psychologist - Emergency Dep.
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Important Update: In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Kaiser
Permanente is moving to a virtual recruitment process including
telephone and video interviews to help ensure the health and safety
of our employees, candidates, and communities. Also, some hiring
activities may be delayed or suspended in certain geographic areas
and job categories. For more information on Kaiser Permanente's
response to COVID-19, visit our Resource Center . Behavioral
Health, Social Services & Spiritual Care Celebrating Inner Strength
With a wealth of resources and encouragement at your disposal, you
can focus on helping your patients sustain their journey to better
health. Psychologist - Emergency Dep. Location: Vacaville, CA Job
Number: 923139 Date posted: 02/13/2021 Submit Interest
Provides mental health assessment, diagnosis, treatment and crisis
intervention services for adult and/or child members who present
themselves from psychiatric evaluation with a broad range of mental
health needs. Collaborates with treating physician, psychiatric and
allied health professional team to plan and direct each individual
member's treatment program.
- Develops, implements, coordinates, and evaluates clinical
treatment programs for the diagnosis, treatment, and/or referral of
Health Plan members with acute or chronic mental illness.
Participates in staff conferences to select, plan, and evaluate
treatment programs. Provides outpatient psychotherapy to
individuals, couples, families and groups. Instructs and counsels
patients and their families regarding compliance with prescribed
therapeutic regimens and adherence to prescribed medication
regimens, within the scope of practice. May administer specialized
therapeutic procedures, as appropriate. Provides appropriate
support to member's family. May develop and conducts
psychoeducational classes and groups.
- May conduct psychological assessments, including test
administration, interpretation, and recommendations. Prepares
intake summaries, treatment plans, and case summaries and maintains
ongoing confidential records. Charts member's treatment and
progress in accord with state and NCQA regulations and in keeping
with accepted community standards. May be required to participate
in the department on-call rotation.
- Collaborates with physicians in screening and evaluating
patients for psychotropic medications, within the scope of
practice. Utilizes resources of public and private agencies and
community organizations to meet the needs of the member's
treatment. May develop, implements, and evaluates behavioral
medicine and health psychology programs in a variety of settings,
including primary care. Provides consultation to other care
providers and health educators on matters relating to mental
health, health psychology and behavioral medicine. Provides
clinical supervision to psychology doctoral interns, psychology
postdoctoral residents, and other mental health trainees/fellows as
- May supervise Post Master's Fellows, Associate Clinical Social
Workers, Associate Marriage Family Therapists or Associate
Professional Clinical Counselors as needed if supervision course is
- May provide appropriate support to member's family, including
explanation of treatment, instructions in how to support treatment
and interventions to increase acceptance of and adherence to
treatment, at member's request.
- Utilizes resources of public and private agencies and community
organizations to meet the needs of the member's treatment to
include referral of the member and/or member's family to external
resources, as appropriate. Participates in departmental program
development, implementation and evaluation.
- Reports safety concerns to mandated reporting agencies.
- PhD/PsyD/EdD in Clinical Counseling, Health or School
Psychology from an accredited college or university.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current valid license to practice psychology in the State of
California or valid license to practice in a state in the United
States and able to practice under Business and Professional Code
Section 2946 (maximum of 180 days subject to the specifics of the
- Must have a National Provider Identifier (NPI) or obtain NPI,
prior to employment start date.
- Must be familiar with DSM-V as a means of diagnosis.
- Has experience in assessing, diagnosing and treating a broad
range of psychiatric conditions.
- May be required to participate in the department on-call
- Knowledge of Evidence-Based Practice and psychotherapy research
- Knowledge of the bio-psycho-social functions that contribute to
- Accuracy in diagnosing patients and developing effective
- Competence in individual, family and group
- Professional maturity and ethical integrity necessary for
assuming professional responsibilities.
- Commitment to quality of service, teamwork, and participation
in a highly interactive multidisciplinary clinic.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks/objectives in a timely
- Knowledge of social service agencies, state regulations and APA
standards as it related to client treatment, patient rights and
- Previous clinical responsibilities to include psychological
testing, diagnosis, crisis intervention, brief individual and group
- Knowledge of psychological testing techniques, administration
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership.
- Previous clinical responsibility to include crisis
intervention, individual and group psychotherapy.
- Demonstrated experience in psychological evaluations of adults,
children, adolescents, & families, including administering &
writing up psychological testing & assessment batteries
- Demonstrated professional maturity and ethical integrity
necessary for assuming professional responsibilities,
- Demonstrated commitment to quality of service, teamwork, and
participation in a highly interactive multidisciplinary clinic,
- Demonstrated ability to complete multiple tasks/objectives in a
timely manner, preferred
- Accuracy in diagnosing patients and developing effective
treatment plans, preferred.
- Competence in individual, family and group psychotherapy,
preferred. Primary Location: California,Vacaville,Vacaville
Hospital Scheduled Weekly Hours: 0 Shift: Variable Workdays: Varies
Working Hours Start: Varies Working Hours End: Varies Job Schedule:
Call-in/On-Call Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation: A05-IBHS-NUHW-NUHW Integ
Behavioral Hlth Ser Job Level: Individual Contributor Job Category:
Behavioral / Mental Health Department: Mental Health Travel: No
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified
applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered
for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws,
as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited
to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual Care
Careers Our Events Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente
team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward
to seeing you! Sign up to receive information about opportunities
that relate to your interests.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Vacaville , Psychologist - Emergency Dep., Healthcare , Vacaville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!