Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: May 5, 2022
Under indirect supervision consults with patients and medical
personnel regarding medication therapy. Dispenses compounds,
procures, stores, and distributes pharmacy products. Provides
medical personnel and patients with medication and information and
- Under indirect supervision, monitors and/or manages the
medication therapy of specific hospitalized or ambulatory patients
as assigned to assure optimum therapeutic results and
- Reviews laboratory test results and the patient's progress to
detect adverse drug reactions, and confers with and assists medical
personnel in laboratory test interpretation, care and treatment of
patients. Interviews patients to obtain information regarding
medication use, medication allergies and sensitivities.
- Documents the information in the patient's electronic medical
record and other systems as appropriate. Advises patients of
directions for use, medication, storage requirements, importance of
compliance, precautions and warning for medication therapy. Advises
the patient on the use of related devices and the coordination of
drug therapy with diet, according to established policies and
- Provides medical personnel with medication information, drug
therapy options, and pharmacokinetic dosing advice. Orders and
adjusts dosages, orders laboratory tests, and administers
medication under protocol according to established polices and
- Dispenses, compounds, procures, stores, and distributes
pharmacy products. Monitors the effectiveness and accuracy of
medication distribution. Reviews physician pharmacy products.
Monitors the effectiveness and accuracy of medication distribution.
Reviews physician orders, and enters orders, in the patient's
electronic medical record. Verifies accuracy of transcription or
data entry in the medication administration record or electronic
medical record. Verifies accuracy of medication preparation and
dispensing by pharmacy personnel. Reviews patient's medical record
to verify proper delivery and correct administration of medication.
Reports discrepancies to appropriate medical and/or administrative
personnel. Participates in assigned education and training
- As necessary, provides inservices and educational programs for
pharmacy, other medical personnel, and patients. As necessary,
participates in patient-care rounds, hospital committees,
utilization review, and quality management programs.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Provides direction to Pharmacist Residents, Pharmacist Interns,
Pharmacy Technicians, and other non-licensed personnel.
- B.S. degree in Pharmacy OR Pharm.D required.License,
- Current American Heart Association approved Basic Life Support
(BLS) card required.
- Current CA Registered Pharmacist License.
- Must be able to obtain an NPI # within one month in position.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current
pharmacological/biopharmaceutical principles, medical terminology,
pathologies, disease states, and related information for a medical
- Knowledge of aseptic technique, and the preparation of sterile
IV products and chemotherapeutic agents.
- Knowledge of emergency medications and drug monitoring.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to operate the pharmacy computer system(s) and
- Must be able to generate prescription labels.
- MUST BE ABLE TO PASS BACKGROUND CHECK.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
PrimaryLocation : California,Vacaville,Vacaville Hospital
HoursPerWeek : 1
Shift : Variable
Workdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun *CONTRACT COMPLIANT:
Sunday - Saturday, shift may include working weekends, days,
evenings & nights
WorkingHoursStart : 12:01 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 11:59 PM
Job Schedule : Call-in/On-Call
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : A14-GFPP-Guild for Prof.
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Job Category : Pharmacy
Department : Vacaville Hospital - Inpatient Pharmacy-1 - 0201
Travel : No
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Vacaville , Inpatient Pharmacist, Healthcare , Vacaville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!