Director Inpatient Pharmacy
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Job Summary: Under the general direction of the Pharmacy Leader,
is responsible for the management of all aspects of Inpatient
Pharmacy Services at one or multiple locations. Ensures compliance
with Federal and State laws, regulations and standards regarding
the provision of pharmaceutical services, Divisional Pharmacy
objectives, policies, and procedures. Assists the Pharmacy Leader
with the development and implementation of strategic initiatives.
Performs other duties as required.Essential Responsibilities:
- Assists the Pharmacy Leader with the development and
implementation of CA Division pharmacy strategic initiatives which
are designed to enhance quality, improve member service and enhance
- Provides leadership and direction to pharmacy department
supervision, lead personnel and staff including hiring, evaluating
- Develops a team of professionals who plan and implement
departmental goals and objectives.
- Administers all departmental -policies and procedures.
- Provides leadership in the development and implementation of
capital and operating budgets.
- Ensures that the department(s) business plan integrates with
the Area and Regions Pharmacy Services Business Plan.
- Accountable for department(s) fiscal outcomes.
- Works in collaboration with providers, department heads,
Pharmacy Service Manager, and Pharmacy Leader to implement quality
- Accountable for location(s) pharmacys quality, service and
- Responsible for Inpatient Pharmacy activities, performance
measurements, and regulatory compliance with Federal and State
laws, regulations, standards, the Joint Commission, OSHA, Regions &
Departments policies and procedures.
- Prepares and/or approves the bi-weekly payroll, and monitors
personnel utilization in accordance with the operating budget or
- Responsible for personnel management activities (e.g. recruits,
hires, trains and evaluates, and/or terminates subordinate exempt
and hourly personnel).
- May coordinate Inpatient Pharmacy Services and/or Home Infusion
Pharmacy Services within an Area.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on
a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right
to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such
positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are
generally implemented only after notice is given to affected
employees. Basic Qualifications: Experience
- Minimum three (3) years of supervisory/management experience in
a pharmaceutical setting. Education
- B.S. degree in Pharmacy or Pharm. D. required. License,
- Pharmacist License (California)
- National Provider Identifier required at hire Additional
- Demonstrated self-initiative and innovation, and the ability to
collaborate with others.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage professionals and
others through influence and collaboration in single and/or
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of applicable state and federal pharmacy
- Demonstrated knowledge Inpatient pharmacy operations, including
professional, legal, business and public relations aspects.
- Ability to lead and work as a member of a professional
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
environment. Preferred Qualifications:
- N/APrimaryLocation : California,Vacaville,Vacaville Medical
Offices BHoursPerWeek : 40Shift : DayWorkdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu,
Fri *Based on operational needs.WorkingHoursStart : 09:00
AMWorkingHoursEnd : 05:30 PMJob Schedule : Full-timeJob Type :
StandardEmployee Status : RegularEmployee Group/Union Affiliation :
NUE-NCAL-09-NUE-Non Union EmployeeJob Level : Director/Senior
DirectorJob Category : PharmacyDepartment : Vacaville Hospital -
Inpatient Pharmacy-2 - 0201Travel : NoKaiser Permanente is an equal
opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive
workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental
status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status,
genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of
diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser, Vacaville , Director Inpatient Pharmacy, Healthcare , Vacaville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...