Senior Database Administrator
Company: Travis Credit Union
Posted on: February 15, 2021
- Leads DBAs in strategies, designs, installs, monitors,
maintains, and performance tunes production databases while
ensuring high levels of data availability.
- Develops, implements and oversees database policies and
procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of databases
and their accompanying software.
- Evaluates technology components for database management systems
- Manages all security of the database management
- Reports directly to the Applications Development Manager.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.Principal
- Develops and enforces database standards and procedures.
Ensures efficient use of database resources.
- Works with Application Development Manager to plan database
projects. Distributes assignments among team members, monitors
projects and resolves disputes.
- Provides technical support to maintain, operate, upgrade and
patch Microsoft and Oracle databases to ensure maximum performance
and availability for the applications and systems.
- Assesses, develops and leads long-term strategic goals for
- Conducts research and makes recommendations on database
products, services, protocols, and standards.
- Affects policy by monitoring database performance statistics
and recommends improvements
- DBA Collaboration with developers for new application launches
and Database optimization.
- Leads design and maintenance of enterprise meta-data solution
to communicate data definitions to the BI audience.
- Database Server installation, configuration and set-up, as
required. Database upgrades and patches, as required.
- Works with application development staff to develop database
architectures, coding standards, and quality assurance policies and
- Advises and updates management on database concepts and
techniques.Skills & Abilities:
- Strong understanding of Oracle and Microsoft database
structures, principles and practices.
- Proficient knowledge and use of Oracle and Microsoft server
tools and have experience in high availability DR/COOP
- Design, installation configuration, testing, migration and
implementation of Oracle WebLogic.
- Experience with Oracle RAC clusters.
- Ability to work on multiple priorities in a deadline-driven
- Experience in leading subject matter experts and multi-team
- Experience with Unix/Linux, VMWare virtual server environment,
Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) and RMAN.
- Expert-level Microsoft SQL Server Stored Procedure
- Working knowledge of BCP.
- Excellent grasp of integrating multiple data sources into an
enterprise data management platform and can lead data storage
- Professional written and verbal communication skills and the
ability to successfully tailor communications according to the
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle including
- Must exhibit good time management skills, independent decision
making capability; focus on customer service.
- Sound understanding of TCU's products and services.
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related field or equivalent
- Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) or similar preferred.
- Minimum 5 years' experience with Oracle database administration
- Minimum 5 years' experience Administering Microsoft SQL
- Experience with Oracle 12c, Oracle RMAN (Recovery Manager),
Oracle cloning and replicating.
- Proficient experience in Oracle and Microsoft Database
Administration and experience in managing Oracle and Microsoft
servers in hardware and virtualized environments.
- Experience with UNIX/Linux platforms.
Keywords: Travis Credit Union, Vacaville , Senior Database Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Vacaville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!