At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back
the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of
the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success
is built on innovation, curiosity, and diversity. We believe every
employee makes a difference. We are passionate about transforming
patients' lives. We are courageous in both decision and action, we
believe that good business means a better world.
The focus of the Vacaville Operations Facility is Drug Substance
bulk manufacturing. We have a passion for science, technology,
innovation, professional development, and diversity and inclusion.
We are also deeply respected for our unique and special culture;
one that centers around the people we attract and hire. Our Pharma
vision is to have a greater overall patient benefit and impact.
This focus includes personalized healthcare, designing the
processes with the patient in mind, and improving their quality of
life. We hope you consider joining our team and being a part of one
of the largest biotechnology facilities in the world!
In this role, the Senior Strategic Learning Partner partners
with site customers and/or other team members to recommend,
develop, implement, and deliver effective and compliant performance
and training solutions. In addition, this role develops and
improves processes and implements industry training/performance
improvement standards. This role draws on Good Manufacturing
Principles (GMP), adult learning principles, performance
consulting, instructional design, project management, and lean
The Senior Strategic Learning Partner is also responsible for
program development and management including the ongoing
maintenance and further improvement of the programs. This includes
collaboration with site leadership, as well as the Roche Learning
Network to enable best practice sharing and standardization.
This position resides within the Vacaville Operations Learning
Team, which is charged with assisting the Vacaville organization in
accomplishing its goals and objectives. The Learning team partners
with the business to deliver programs that effectively build
workforce capability in a way that enables right first time
performance and golden batches.
* Partner with Site Leadership and Roche Learning Network
Leadership to develop innovative workforce performance programs,
processes and standards (i.e. Competency Based Learning).
* As a performance consultant, establish and maintain strong
strategic relationships with clients at all levels to recommend and
develop performance and training solutions that improve workforce
* Participate and/or lead complex cross-functional and/or
Network improvement projects with site/network impact.
* In partnership with functional areas and subject matter
experts use Instructional Design Methodologies (ADDIE, SAM,
Kirkpatrick 4 levels) and Adult Learning Theory to recommend,
design and implement training programs using multiple learning
methods (i.e. on-the-job, classroom, online, informal and blended
delivery) that effectively address learning needs and translate
learning to behavior.
* Coach customers on the application of non-training performance
solutions including but not limited to job aids, performance
monitoring, knowledge management, coaching, and lean process
* Partner with Site Leadership and Head of VOLT to influence the
overall objectives and long range goals of site Learning.
* Measure solution effectiveness to prove and improve the
effectiveness and business value of solutions. This may require the
development and deployment of data collection solutions.
* Recommend and lead execution of change management
* Participate in (may facilitate) Systematic Human Error
Reduction and Prediction Approach events
* Create accurate, compliant and effective training programs.
Understand and transact within the Learning Management System and
Global Intake Tool in alignment with Quality requirements
* May Deliver training
* May act as POC for site audits and inspections and defend
program and practices to regulatory agencies
* Bachelor's Degree required and 12-15 years experience or
Master's and 10-13 years experience in a Performance Consulting,
Learning or project management role
* Proficient with computer applications both general and
instructional design - Word, Excel, Power Point, Google Suite,
Articulate 360/Storyline, Learning Management Systems, video
* Strategic thinker with exceptional communication skills
* Excellent project management skills with ability to drive
complex projects to completion
* Influence teams and functions in defining learning
* Strong team player with demonstrated interpersonal skills and
ability to build effective working relationships throughout all
levels of the organization
* High degree of customer service working with both internal and
* Possess influencing skills, initiative and drive for results.
Able to independently determine objectives and approaches to
* Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to support
regular use of ingenuity and innovation in problem solving
* Project Management certification is a plus
* Six Sigma, Lean or equivalent certification is a plus
* Experience in pharmaceutical/biotech industry a plus
* Experience with website development, business intelligence,
and SCORM compliant web based training development tools a plus