Posted on: May 3, 2021
Founded in 2013, Thistle is an early-stage food-tech startup
empowering our customers to get and stay healthy. We deliver
delicious, organic, healthy, plant-forward meals, cold-pressed
juices and snacks to customers in California who want to put their
nutrition on auto-pilot. We are not just another food delivery
startup or meal-kit company. Our focus is the health and happiness
of our customers and we are revolutionizing how fresh, nutritious,
high-quality food is purchased, manufactured, and delivered at
scale. Thistle is headquartered in San Francisco and we are backed
by some amazing investors in the Bay Area and beyond.
About the Role:
Thistle is looking to expand our production team with
professional individuals to assist with plating production. This
position is ideal for someone looking to work hard in a fast-paced
What Youll Do
- Act as liaison between Plate Leads/Associates and management
- Make sure employees are following GMPs, keeping their area
clean at all times, and tools picked up.
- Alongside Plate Manager, effectively manage the entire Plate
team, including scheduling, time management, performance
evaluations, hiring, and discipline, ensuring consistent
application of both relevant employment law and Thistle
- Works to implement and champion new and existing initiatives
across production teams
- Works cross-functionally with Production, Pack and Facilities
to ensure proper receiving, hand off, QA and other organizational
GMPs and standards are met
- Ensure accuracy of manifests, documentation logs and ensures
all team employees understands their functionalities.
- Extremely knowledgeable of relevant SOPs
- Have consistent communication with the team for issues and work
with the management to resolve them to keep high morals in the
- Troubleshoot and/or address any challenges in real time with
the support of Management
- Be an active participant in weekly manager meetings and
maintain open lines of communication within Slack
- Preform plate area audits to be compliance with GMP, Food
safety and Safety regulations.
- Requires prolonged sitting or standing, physical exertion to
manually move, lift, carry, pull or push heavy objects.
- Requires stooping, kneeling, bending or reaching
- This role works in a refrigerated environment
What You'll Bring
Diversity and inclusion are essential values at Thistle. We know
we'll do our best and most impactful work when we feel we're
represented and we belong. We're proud to actively recruit and hire
talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color,
national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status,
veteran status, or disability status.
- Experience in supervising employees and working knowledge of
California wage & time law.
- Desire to grow into managerial positions and develop leadership
- Strong communication skills that put people first and ability
to balance empathy and direct feedback in order to both support and
advocate for the team and also maintain consistent standards of
- Ability to form effective working relationships with a
- Ability to adhere to company SOPs and implement new initiatives
- You bring your A-game every day and encourage your team to do
- You have a California or equivalent Food Handlers
- You can work a flexible schedule including weekend or early
- Positive attitude to encourage, empower and motivate team
- Willingness to support team in personal and professional
- This is an exempt position required to make managerial
decisions and participate in departmental administrative work.
- Join a diverse, passionate & driven team of all
- Generous Employee Discount
- Team-building and Frequent Wellness
- Flexible Time Off & Parental Leave Policy
- Competitive salary & equity package
Keywords: Thistle, Vacaville , Production Supervisor, Other , Vacaville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!