Vacaville Branch - Member Service Specialist II
Company: Golden1 Credit Union
Posted on: November 14, 2021
JOB TITLE: Member Service Specialist II DEPARTMENT: Branch
Channel Delivery STATUS: Non- Exempt JOB CODE: 2201 GENERAL
DESCRIPTION:Provide members the highest level of service available
in an efficient and courteous manner. Process monetary transactions
within assigned limits, maintain accurate records and balance each
day's transactions in accordance with established policies and
procedures. Proactively engage with members to identify products
and services designed to assist them in achieving their financial
goals. Answer questions, and direct members to appropriate
department for specialized services. TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
- Processes and audits financial transactions including deposits,
withdrawals, transfers, payments and general ledger entries while
maintaining a cash drawer.
- Provides Golden 1 services to member, including but not limited
to cashier's checks, money orders, savings bonds, wire transfers
and transactions, additional sub-shares, and debit card
- Assesses members needs while processing transactions.
- Identifies opportunities to help members relative to Golden 1
product or service offerings and documents in EnAct system.
- Identifies and report fraudulent activity to management and
Financial Investigations dept., in accordance with current
procedures to prevent potential loss to the credit union.
- Assists in the proper operation of the ATM and Teller Cash
Dispenser Units including, but not limited to, replacing receipt
cartridge, clearing a blockage, etc.
- Assists MSS III and above with open and close responsibilities,
- Activates alarm.
- Verifies signature cards in ECM (Enterprise Content
- Check acceptance approval within assigned limits.
- Ensures confidentiality of all member and credit union
- Maintains current knowledge of all Golden 1 products and
services, as well as of policies and procedures for teller
- Performs additional responsibilities essential to the
operations of the branch (TCR, SBO, Safe deposit box, etc...), as
- Opens deposit and specialty accounts (e.g., Roth IRA) and
identifies members' financial service needs to ensure members are
provided with meaningful financial solutions.
- Mentors and advises MSSIs.
- Engages in consultative dialogue with members to identify
current and future financial needs and documents in EnAct
- Enroll members in the different channels that Golden 1 uses:
online, mobile, etc.
- Refer lending needs to MSS III and/or business partner.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and
regulations related to credit union compliance including bank
secrecy and anti-money laundering laws appropriate to the position.
COMMUNICATION & INTERACTIONS:
- Interacts professionally with members.
- Communicates in a professional manner (proper grammar,
punctuation and tone) in both written and verbal
- Effective listener.
- Communicates with empathy.
- Associates member needs based on conversation to G1 products
- Overcomes basic objection or resistance through conversation.
Works as part of a team.
- Accepts constructive feedback positively and utilize it to help
personal and professional development.
- Ability to have a consultative dialogue by asking effective
questions and connecting to answer to solutions offered by G1.
Communicates the ""why"", not just the ""how"" or ""what".
- Overcomes member objections and resistance with a calming and
reassuring presence" ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
- INTERNAL: Participates in team meetings. Frequent routine
verbal and written communication with the following departments:
Branch Network, Home Loan Reps, IT Help Desk, Deposit Account
Servicing, Financial Advisors, Member Development Officers, Call
Center (MSCC), Fraud Management, MSSI Training.
- EXTERNAL: Frequent transaction related interactions and
consultative conversations with members. May be required to sign-in
outside vendors and visitors as needed. QUALIFICATIONS:
- EDUCATION: High School or GED required.
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum one plus year of prior experience in a cash
handling service oriented role and 6+ months as a Member Service
Specialist I or teller role at Golden 1 or another financial
- Fosters a positive and engaging work environment. Treating
others with courtesy and respect.
- Inspires others through words and actions and embracing G1's
mission, vision and core values.
- Displays positive, outgoing, and empathetic attitude.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Takes on any task required to meet or exceed all team
- Desire to take the initiative to identify, investigate and
resolve member issues, including operational and support
- Willingness and flexibility in taking on new responsibilities
as business requires.
- Willingness to learn and master new and emerging banking
- Presents Golden Services (Internal/External).
- Assumes Positive Intent in all communication. 4.
- Functional: Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Advanced knowledge in the following areas: Federal Rules and
Regulations as applied to credit unions, G1 products
(consultative), fulfillment (with Subshares) and deposit services,
employee handbook, Knowledge Base (G1 policies and procedures),
cash handling, teamwork, customer service.
- Technical: Basic knowledge in the following
systems/applications: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and
PowerPoint), eFunds, Bridger, Card @ Once, EnAct (referrals,
uncovering opportunities and reviewing balances), ECM, Springboard,
DSUI / TNav, Wire Exchange, SBO, HRIS (ADP), Concur, Relationship
- Proficient adding profiles and updating tasks, activities and
notes in EnAct. Proficient in Maestro. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Prolonged standing throughout the workday. A teller stool is
provided as may be needed
- Ability to lift up to thirty pounds.
- Ability to frequently move about the branch to accomplish
- Corrected hearing within normal range. A telephone device to
enhance hearing will be provided if needed.
- Corrected vision in the normal range.
- Possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate an
on-line computer terminal and other standard office equipment,
including an adding machine and typewriter, if needed.
Keywords: Golden1 Credit Union, Vacaville , Vacaville Branch - Member Service Specialist II, Other , Vacaville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!