Company: Travis Credit Union
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Summary:Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, Travis Credit
Union's (TCU) Senior Vice President of Operations is responsible
forthe strategic plans and operations activities in support of
TCU's mission and vision. This leader is a member of Travis's
Executive Leadership Team engaged in identifying, developing and
implementing efficient and cost-effective operations to enhance
member experience, quality of delivery and process improvement.
- Plans, establishes, implements, and communicates the strategic
direction of the organization's operations division. Works with
management staff to implement and maintain innovation, efficiency
and best practices supporting the goals and objectives of the
- Collaborates with executive leadership to develop and meet
company goals while supplying expertise and guidance on operations
projects and systems.
- Identifies, recommends, and implements new processes,
technologies, and systems to improve and streamline organizational
processes and use of resources and materials.
- Establishes, communicates, and implements operations-related
policies, practices, standards, and security measures to ensure
effective and consistent support and execution.
- Presents periodic performance reports and metrics to the chief
executive officer and other senior leadership.
- Provides leadership, motivation, coaching and professional
development to staff. Supports management staff in monitoring
employee performance and setting performance goals.
- Promotes a culture of integrity, and fosters a team ethic that
aligns with TCU's mission and short- and long-term operations
- Recruits,professionally develops, and motivates a team of high
performing and results-oriented staff. Drives the team to meet and
exceed division goals and objectives by creating and holding them
accountable to performance expectations. Ensures a safe and secure
- Effectively partners and collaborates with cross-functional
teams to achieve thestrategic goals and mission of the credit
- Responsible for data analytics of production, operational
reports/data management and related projects. Tracks and monitors
product/partner/operations performance against targets.
- Monitorscompetitive environment activities and stays up-to-date
on emerging technologies, service and operational trends,working
with teams/partners to make a needed impact.
- Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and trends in
- Owns Merger & Acquisition readiness playbook
- Attends board meeting, reports on areas of responsibility and
actively participates in the organizational short-and long-term
strategic planning and goal setting.Skills & Abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of financial institution operations and
- Deep experience with core banking operations- branch, payments,
fraud, wires, etc.
- Ability to create and foster senior relationships with external
partners driving significant business and member impact.
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to build out a
team with a strong team culture.
- Ability to drive complex projects and develop structured
- Ability to build a strong working operation and strategy team
with appropriate processes as well as checks and balances.
- Strongability to work and communicate cross-functionally with
all levels of credit union staff, members, external partners, and
regulatory agency representatives.
- Ability to take "full ownership" of issues - with external
partners and internal operations - until they are completely
resolved and processes put in place to prevent recurrence.
- Knowledge using digital/mobile user interfaces and relevant
systems/tools to build the member experience.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- PC skills to include Microsoft Office.Supervisory
- Reports directlyto thePresident/CEO.
- Direct responsibility for retail, payments and central
operations, sales process and readiness, and project management
office.Education and Experience:
- BA/BS in Business or related field or equivalent experience
required, Masters preferred.
- Minimum of 15years of progressively responsiblefinancial
institutionexperience with specific emphasis in direct operations,
process improvement, and strategy experience required.
- Minimum 8 years of progressive management/leadership
- Experience planning, coordinating and organizing service
delivery, establishing goals and objectives, while mentoring and
- Experience with system conversion and or Mergers and
- Strong experience leveraging process improvement
- Prior experience with Fiserv, Visa and Co-Op preferred.Working
Conditions: Work is generally performed within an office
environment, with standard office equipment available and usually
sedentary in nature. Requires traveling to Credit Union branches
and other venues, and attending special and community-related
events during business hours, evenings and/or
weekends.Participation in TCU's Driving Program is required.
Incumbents will be required to furnish their driving record from
the Department of Motor Vehicles, proof of insurance and sign an
authorization so TCU can obtain records directly from the
Department of Motor Vehicles. Subject to any limitations imposed by
law, full cooperation with any request for records or request for
an authorization to seek such records is required.Starting salary
is commensurate with experience. In addition to our competitive
benefits, this opportunity with Travis Credit Union has a range of:
- $294,052.40/annually - $363,241.00/annually
Keywords: Travis Credit Union, Vacaville , SVP, Operations, Other , Vacaville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!