Loan Processing Specialist
Company: Travis Credit Union
Posted on: November 14, 2023
M-F 9:00am-5:30pm, 40 hours/weekThis is a Temporary
PositionDuration: 6 months or upon completion of
assignmentSummary:Travis Credit Union's (TCU) Loan Processing
Specialists are responsible for building relationships and
providing our members with solutions to achieve their financial
wellness. They understand the value of a great member experience
while expanding existing member relationships by identifying
opportunities for additional credit union products and services.
The Loan Processing Specialist evaluates loan applications received
through the internet and phone channel while ensuring the credit
union is in compliance with Consumer Lending policies and
procedures. TCU's Loan Processing Specialists assist in all areas
of Consumer Lending as needed.Profile:
- Ensures quality member service is provided when communicating
with members and internal/external business partners.
- Advocates for members regarding credit and achieving their
- Identifies opportunities to deepen the member relationship by
promoting and educating members to find the right product for their
- Analyzes and validates supporting documentation prior to
processing consumer loan applications to prevent fraud, ensures
quality control and verifies loans are in compliance with all
credit union and regulatory guidelines.
- Interprets approvals and/or conditions and verifies that all
requirements have been met.
- Completes ongoing trainings, maintains up-to-date knowledge of
Consumer Lending Policies and Procedures, and Credit Union products
- Proactively monitors loan queues and service requests, ensuring
- Identifies opportunities of improvements and changes of
processes and policies to increase productivity and members'
- Partners with management staff and other business units to
develop new campaigns as well as calibrates efforts of existing
campaigns to support TCU's strategic plan.
- Provides assistance, direction and training to peers and
internal business partners.
- Completes daily departmental functions such as running and
reviewing reports.Not all functions/tasks are listed above; however
those listed are considered essential.Skills:
- Strong telephone communication skills.
- Ability to interact with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to identify, communicate and advocate financial
solutions that drive results.
- Ability to analyze and interpret a credit report.
- Ability to navigate and process within multiple interdependent
systems and tools.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
Efficiently organize work priorities and accurately complete
multiple tasks within strict timeframes with minimal
- Ability to work independently and motivated to achieve goals
with minimal supervision.
- Ability to provide leadership support, motivation, and
- Proficient mathematical and analytical skills to include rate,
ratio and percentage calculations.
- Effective, professional verbal and written communication
- Ability to use independent judgment and discretion when
reviewing appropriate exceptions to the Credit Union
- Ability to meet production standards.Reporting and Experience:
- Reports directly to assigned Consumer Lending management.
- HS Diploma or equivalent.
- Assoc. Loan Processing Specialist:Minimum 1 year related loan
work experience or minimum of 2 years of customer service or
clerical work experience.
- Loan Processing Specialist:Minimum of 2 years of consumer loan
processing or equivalent loan work experience.Working
Conditions:Work is generally performed within an office
environment, with standard office equipment available and usually
sedentary in nature. Requires flexibility in work
schedule.Understands the requirements of the BankSecrecy Act and
ensures compliance through monitoring and reporting of member
activity as appropriate.Compensation:Base salary starting range is
commensurate with experience:
- Assoc. Loan Processing Specialist:Grade 8-$19.75/hour -
- Loan Processing Specialist:Grade 9-$21.50/hour - $26.55/hourOur
compensation philosophy is based on several factors such as (but
not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the
candidate's work experience, education/training, and key
skills.Travis Credit Union is an Affirmative Action
EmployerEOE/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status
Keywords: Travis Credit Union, Vacaville , Loan Processing Specialist, Other , Vacaville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!