Posted on: March 15, 2020
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU RESIDE IN OR NEAR VACAVILLE, CA 95688 -
OR RELOCATING TO THIS AREA SOON.
If you're an experienced Production Supervisor with Lean exposer
who would be responsible for driving current and future
manufacturing performance in the arears of Safety, Productivity,
Cost, Quality and Morale , we want to talk to you!
Using TPS (Toyota Production Systems) operating framework is a
You will be working with the best people in our industry!DuraVent
operates as a TEAM with family values!
The Production Supervisor plans, directs, organizes, and controls
production employee activities in all phases including a safe
working environment, quality and quantity, continuous improvement,
and is responsible for meeting production objectives. The
Production Supervisor works with the team on resolving assembly
issues to make for an efficient quality process. This role is
responsible for troubleshooting manufacturing issues, facilitating
continuous process improvements, managing daily order execution and
workforce flexibility, assignment of all training to new employees
within his/her department. Work with the Scheduling team to plan
and meet production requirements. Additionally, this role manages
productivity and efficiency, sequencing, process adherence, and
additional training and development in production for his/her team.
This position also drives ongoing improvements in driving quality,
safety, productivity and efficiency. This position reports directly
to the Plant Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and coordinate activities of assigned production
- Motivate, train, and guide employees for successful job
- Act as a key member of a lean manufacturing environment driving
continuous improvement activities relating to safety, quality,
productivity, delivery, and inventory.
- Direct the department to ensure safe, timely, and efficient
completion of manufacturing schedules and communicate daily
- Develop and maintain a workforce to meet capacity plans and
work with other departments to manage parts flow.
- Ensure all department personnel are adhering to company
policies and procedures. Complete safety, productivity, and policy
- Manage shop floor personnel to include enforcement of the
attendance policy. Manage all requested time off and must have an
understanding of how those decisions impact production.
- Monitor and ensure control points are followed on waste,
rework, scrap and overtime.
- Counsel and discipline employees according to company
- Responsible for the safety of all group members by monitoring
their safety equipment use and by ensuring the safety guidelines
- Serve as a resource for shop floor personnel by managing
conflicts and performance, recognizing achievement, providing
feedback and administering progressive discipline procedures.
- Interact directly with shop floor employees by setting clear
expectations to inspire, motivate, coach and develop the team.Basic
- AA/AS degree with 4-6 years' manufacturing experience.
- BS/BA with 3-4 years' manufacturing experience.
- 7+ years Supervisory or Lead experience in a manufacturing
- Strong understanding of manufacturing and production flow.
- Lean and or TPM experience.Additional Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Excel,
Word and Outlook.
- SAP knowledge is a plus!
- Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills
and attention to detail.
- Ability to working from drawings, work instructions, diagrams,
parts lists, procedures, and other documentation required to
perform precision mechanical assembly operations.
- Extensive knowledge of assembly process, inventory management
system, sheet metal fabrication and promotes a safe work
- Must be able to work with diverse groups of employees.Preferred
- World class manufacturing (Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, and
DuraVent is the recognized technological leader in the venting
industry. Consistently first to market with new innovations,
DuraVent is committed to providing safe and technologically
advanced venting. As part of our commitment to push the industry
forward and continue our mission to innovate, DuraVent operates 2
laboratories designed for the research and development of many
types of products. The company's research into solving problems
with corrosion, installation challenges, and changing regulations
has led to several patented venting systems unmatched in the
industry today. DuraVent has a corporate office located in Detroit
MI as well as 3 manufacturing facilities totaling over 250,000
square feet strategically located in the US and Canada and is able
to provide high-quality, low-cost Hearth, Residential HVAC, and
Commercial HVAC products to our chosen markets. Our 650 employees
at 4 North American locations have a culture of openness and
teamwork and a tradition of high performance and growth to WIN!
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is
required to use hands to manipulate objects, tools or controls; and
talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to walk; stoop;
crouch; bend and reach above shoulders. The employee must
frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and up to
100 pounds with assistance, waist high, up to 10 feet away.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be
working in the typical conditions of a manufacturing environment
including seasonal variation in temperatures and occasional
exposure to manufacturing fumes or by-products. The employee must
comply with the assigned location PPE requirements including but
not limited to safety glasses, hearing protection, appropriate
gloves, clothing and shields for required tasks and closed toed or
safety shoes as required by facility safety policies.
DuraVent offers the following benefits:-- Medical Insurance--
Dental Insurance-- Vision Insurance-- Long Term Disability
Insurance-- Life Insurance-- Flexible Spending Accounts-- Employee
Assistance Plan-- Eleven Paid Holidays-- Paid Vacation (Two Weeks -
first year)-- Paid Personal Time Off (6 days per year)401(k) with
Keywords: Duravent, Vacaville , Production Supervisor, Professions , Vacaville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!