Warehouse Manager - Scandinavian Designs
Company: Scandinavian Designs
Posted on: February 22, 2021
View all jobs Warehouse Manager - Scandinavian Designs
Vacaville, CA -- General Labor Work with a team who are passionate
about modern design and home furnishings!
Scandinavian Designs is a home furnishings destination rooted in
our love for modern design and quality craftsmanship. We are
looking for a full-time Warehouse Manager to work in
our--Vacaville, CA location.
The Store Warehouse Manager oversees the day-to-day operations of
the warehouse and supervises the staff ensuring an accurate
inventory, expedient movement of merchandise and a safe and
effective team environment. The Warehouse Manager ensures that
productivity targets are achieved and that all warehouse processes
are running smoothly and promptly. The Warehouse Manager helps
complete the customer experience by providing friendly and
efficient service to our customers especially during merchandise
pickup/delivery.--This position typically supervises 2-5
- Greet our clients and answer our phones in a prompt,
professional and polite manner as part of a team.
- Obtain and maintain comprehensive knowledge of our products
(i.e., dimensions and weight, assembly, construction materials) in
the course of safely storing, moving and assembling our
- Understand, adhere to and enforce our company policies and
- Ensure accurate shipping, receiving and movement of
- Use efficient and safe racking, placement of merchandise in the
warehouse by maximizing available space for storage of goods.
- Recruit, manage and develop qualified staff ensuring efficient
scheduling in support of operations.
- Train staff in all aspect of warehouse operations including
customer service techniques.
- Delegate work and/or performing work individually and follow up
to make sure projects are completed.
- Transport incoming merchandise to correct areas of
- Locate, load and unload merchandise into customers' cars and
- Read invoices to determine if orders have been paid in
- Use computer terminal to look up customer information.
- Match product to invoice, packing slip or bill of lading
- Assemble merchandise correctly and handle merchandise with care
to prevent damage.
- Provide training for staff on safe loading and unloading
methods of product from trucks, racks, cars, and showroom floor and
ensure adherence to all safety and accident procedures while on
company premises or operating company vehicles or equipment.
- Ensure staff properly trained to safely use tools, i.e.
forklift, pallet jack, hand tools.
- Correctly and promptly document and report Injuries, Illness,
Incident and Safety Training.
- Correctly use computerized inventory control system.
- Schedule and conduct regular safety meetings, staff meetings
and conduct regular goal setting and evaluations effectively
communicating performance expectation to staff.
- Exemplify a team approach and be open and honest in
communication and help others when they need assistance.
- Assist in daily opening or closing procedures consistent with
policy and procedure.
- Maintain parts and hardware inventory and information and order
for the store and customers as needed.
- Understand and cross train in sales and sales support so you
can offer assistance anywhere your efforts are needed as part of
- Assist with building maintenance i.e., repairs, services,
- Perform service calls at customer sites to deliver or inspect
- Other duties and projects, as assigned.Qualifications:
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years prior warehouse experience preferred
- Supervisory experience, preferred
- 18 years or older and possess/maintain a valid driver's license
in the location's state
- DOT medical certification--
- CDL, preferred
- Heavy lifting up to 75lbs. unassisted
- Excellent customer service, team and communication skills
- Experience working with computerized inventory systems
- Demonstrated attention to detail and reliability
- Able to read and understand work orders, shipping and receiving
- Able to obtain and maintain forklift training and certification
- Experience in operation of the various equipment including but
not limited to pallet jacks, and hand tools
- Able to successfully complete our pre-employment background
check, physical and drug screeningsScandinavian Designs Offers:
- Rate: $18 - $19/hour, DOE
- Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account
- 401k with employer contribution
- Work life balance--- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Fun and rewarding work
- Visually inspiring workplace
- Family-oriented team environment
- Regular schedule
- Generous merchandise discounts*Benefits eligibility depends on
scheduled hours.A family business 50+ years in the making, with
over 40 furniture showrooms--across--the U.S., our sister-brands
(Scandinavian Designs and Dania Furniture) are a contemporary home
furnishings destination rooted in a love for Nordic culture, modern
design and quality craftsmanship.--We offer extensive product and
sales training to facilitate career growth. Our compensation
includes a competitive pay program, sales incentives and a
comprehensive health and retirement benefits. We are an Equal
Keywords: Scandinavian Designs, Vacaville , Warehouse Manager - Scandinavian Designs, Professions , Vacaville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!