Lead Dispatcher in Vacaville, CA at MV Transportation
Company: MV Transportation
Posted on: April 2, 2021
Lead Dispatcher in Vacaville, CA at MV Transportation MV
Transportation is seeking a Lead Dispatcher to provide direction to
and maintain two-way communications with all operators while
monitoring system performance and making scheduling adjustments
where necessary to maximize on-time performance, minimize customer
wait times for on-call or will-call services, minimize service
disruptions as a result of vehicle/operator availability and/or
emergency situations. This is the senior non-exempt dispatcher
position and includes supervisory duties. Job Responsibilities:
- On-Time Performance meets contract requirement.
- Minimal dispatch related customer complaints.
- Telephone hold time minimized and within contract
- Emergency situations handled according to local policy and with
proper notification and documentation Maintain scheduling and
performance data in the event of real-time operations.
- Provide assistance to operators in the event of emergency or
vehicle malfunctions, communicating with operations, safety and
maintenance staff where appropriate.
- Reschedule trips as necessary in the event of vehicle
malfunction, traffic, or emergency situations.
- Assign will-call and same day trips to available and
appropriate vehicles in order to ensure on-time performance,
minimize wait and ride times, and to maintain system
- Reconcile trip manifests and fares collected by operators upon
- Provide assistance to passengers in using the service as well
as when inquiring about individual trip status.
- Document accurately and appropriately daily events related to
- Maintain a safe work area and a focus on safety to reduce the
opportunity for injury to self or other employees.
- Communicate effectively with operations staff regarding
scheduling or passenger issues.
- Open and/or close facility depending upon work shift.
- Maintain professional demeanor and appearance.
- Maintain attendance within policy.
- Oversee supervisor calls and provide direction as needed.
- Assist with same day reschedules ensuring productive runs.
- Review and answer complaints pertaining to dispatch or dispatch
- Handle multiple tasks accurately and effectively in a
- Maintain two-way communication with operators, providing
information on customers, cancellations, and directional assistance
- Monitor operators and trip status, adjusting and reassignments
as necessary to ensure on time performance.
- Accurate and consistent documentation of daily items including
operator attendance, passenger and scheduling issues, vehicle
problems, emergency situations and other daily events or
- Spare vehicles effectively used to ensure vehicle availability
for preventive maintenance program.
- Answer passenger calls collecting all necessary trip
information, accessing same day dispatch data to convey accurate
arrival times and pick up locations to passengers.
- Provide system information for current and new passengers as
well as for potential passengers on accessing the transportation
service and using it effectively.
- Provide feedback to passengers in the way of follow-up calls as
a course of duty or as required by schedule changes.
- Communicate passenger cancellations in a timely manner to
scheduling, dispatch, or vehicle operations personnel.
- Maintain up to date passenger records in customer database,
making all necessary changes in status, client contact information,
fare/rider type or other important field entries.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks accurately and
- Team player and helpful to staff, management, and peers. Talent
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess excellent communication and decision-making
- Excellent attendance record.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Telephone speaking and or call center experience. MV
Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment
Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or
employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national
origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or
military status, genetic information or any other legally
recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws,
regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this
application is solely to determine suitability for employment,
verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants
may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check
after receiving a conditional offer of employment. Corporate HQ.
2711 N Haskell, Suite 1500, LB-2, Dallas, Texas 75204 - (972)
391-4600 - Connect with us: MV Transportation is committed to
working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals
with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or
disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
employment process, please call (712) 764-8500 and let us know the
nature of your request and your contact information. Equal
Employment Opportunity Statement It is the policy of MV
Transportation, Inc. to afford equal opportunity in all phases of
employment without regard to an individual's age, race, color,
religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship status,
marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity,
gender expression, genetic tests and information, physical or
mental disability, protected veteran status or any other legally
Keywords: MV Transportation, Vacaville , Lead Dispatcher in Vacaville, CA at MV Transportation, Professions , Vacaville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!