Manufacturing Technician - BioProcess
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Responsible for producing innovative biotherapeutic medicine by
interfacing with highly automated production systems and controls
in cGMP manufacturing environment, and maintain areas in high state
of inspection preparedness. Operates production equipment for cell
culture or purification that may include culture growth, process
monitoring, sampling, harvesting, purification, formulation, freeze
thaw and transfer. Performs media/buffer solution preparation
operations. Maintains records and clean room environment to comply
with regulatory requirements utilizing current Good Manufacturing
Practices (cGMP) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
Responsible for being proficient in one functional area.
Understands and applies biological, chemical and mechanical
principles and techniques.
* Operate systems that clean and sterilize tanks and filtration
* Prepare solutions for the production process.
* Review documentation and check all calculations (e.g. tickets,
labels, equipment reading).
* Trouble shoot equipment and process problems.
* Comply with safety requirements, cGMP, SOP and manufacturing
* Use of automation to perform production operations.
* Provide support to Manufacturing to meet production demands.
* Operate automated systems for equipment operation.
* Assemble and prepare equipment for production.
* Exhibit detail oriented documentation skills.
* Communicate effectively and ability to work in a team
* Exhibit professional interpersonal skills.
* Work with coworkers and supervisor to effectively troubleshoot
minor equipment and process issues.
* A good working knowledge of biopharm technology and
* Trained and skilled in all operational procedures of at least one
* Demonstrated ability to independently document and record
information related to the process.
* Occasionally makes routine decisions based on experience.
Identifies and suggests solutions to common basic problems.
* Recognizes non-routine problems, investigates and suggests
* Judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine
* Ability to recognize deviation from accepted practices is
* All employees with jobs that require access to the Warehouse must
be able to pass the Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
Security Threat Assessment (STA).
* Follows established safety and environmental guidelines and
procedures for all work performed. Immediately reports safety and
environmental incidents including injuries, illnesses, near misses,
and safety suggestions. Fosters a positive safety culture in which
no one gets hurt.
* Operate fermenters, centrifuges, other harvest systems and
protein purifications units.
* Operate and clean fixed tank and filtration systems.
* Operate large scale column chromatography systems.
* Operate small-scale cell culture areas and systems by operating
cleaning, set up, and maintaining 20L batch feed fermenters;
inoculating and maintaining spinner seed cultures using aseptic
techniques, maintaining cell banks; and performing general seed lab
* Perform Solution Preparation activities (media and buffer
* Clean, assemble, and sterilize equipment using glass washers and
* Perform automated CIP and SIP of fixed equipment.
Education and Experience
* Degree in Life Sciences or Engineering and 1 year related
experience, or Associate degree and 3 years experience, or High
school and 5 years experience.
* Biotech certificate from approved program.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Familiarity of computer-based systems.
* Background in fermentation.
* Ability to receive, interpret and provide basic information and
materials involved with the day to day activities of performing the
Work Environment/Physical Demands/Safety Considerations
* Ability to work a flexible shift structure
* Expected to be on feet for 8 to 10 hours a day.
* May climb upwards of 6 flights of stairs a day to maneuver within
the manufacturing facility.
* Lifting up to 25lbs may be required.
* Environment requires that gowning in the form of hospital scrubs,
bunny suits, gloves and steel toe boots be worn. Also, no make up
or jewelry can be worn when working in the clean room
* May work with hazardous materials and chemicals.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer, and we embrace the
increasingly diverse world around us. Genentech prohibits unlawful
discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or
ancestry, age, disability, marital status and veteran status.
Genentech requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against
COVID-19 as of their start date. This requirement is a condition of
employment at Genentech, and it applies regardless of whether the
position is located at a Genentech campus or is fully remote. If
you are unable to receive the vaccine due to a disability or
serious medical condition, or because it is prohibited as a result
of your sincerely held religious beliefs, you will have an
opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.
Keywords: Genentech, Vacaville , Manufacturing Technician - BioProcess, Professions , Vacaville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!