Service Desk Technician
Company: Travis Credit Union
Posted on: May 25, 2023
M-F between 7am-7pm (w/Saturday rotation), 40 hours/week
Summary: Travis Credit Union's (TCU) Service Desk Technicians
triage incoming incidents and service requests via TCU's IT Service
Management platform (ITSM) ticket queue across multiple channels
(phone calls, IM and/or chat). As Tier 1 support, this team
establishes communication with End Users, provides timely updates,
sets correct expectations and strives to excel as a liaison between
TCU's businesses and Information Technology department resulting in
ensuring employee day to day operational execution and member
- Provides Tier 1 support to End Users with their hardware,
applications and network related incidents or service requests.
Investigates, diagnoses and performs basic troubleshooting for a
prompt resolution and escalates unresolvable issues to TCU Tier 2
or Tier 3 support teams.
- Responds to incidents and service requests submitted to Service
Desk in a courteous, timely and efficient manner in accordance with
ITIL industry standard guidelines.
- Diagnoses incidents, performs troubleshooting and remedial
actions to fix incidents or find alternate solutions that addresses
the issue in an effective manner.
- Effectively uses remote support tools and established
troubleshooting steps in resolution of reported incidents and
- Coordinates configuration/installation and basic
troubleshooting of End User Equipment, application issues or other
- Conducts due diligence in triaging incidents and service
requests for correct category, priority and urgency assignments.
Obtains and records additional information in ticket, as necessary,
to assist with problem resolution.
- Meets and exceeds established Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
while maintaining member satisfaction.
- Assists in the creation and editing of Service Desk processes
and procedures documentation, including Knowledge Base
- Participates in continuous learning through engagement with
Tier 2 and Tier 3 support teams, ensuring expanded growth in member
support and technical capabilities.
- May own or participate in IT related projects focused on
problem solving short term friction points for long term gain.
- Effective, professional communication skills and thorough
understanding of the importance of member/customer
- Working knowledge of End User Equipment, application support
skills and networking concepts.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong understanding of Windows Operating Systems, Networking
concepts of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NAT, WAN Topologies, and basic
network troubleshooting knowledge.
- Experience using ITSM for ticket queues.
- Ability to prioritize service requests based on impact and
- Working knowledge of Windows system management and mobile
- Experienced in using Active Directory for user administration
and group policy(ies).
- Medium skill in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Project) for
product support capability.
- Experienced using virtual communication software (Teams, Zoom,
Webex) for product support capability.
Reporting and Experience
- Reports directly to the Manager, Desktop Systems.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Service Desk Technician:
- Associate Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of service desk/help desk experience.
- Senior Service Desk Technician
- Associate Degree in Technology or related field; or equivalent
- Minimum of 4 years of service desk/help desk experience.
Starting salary is commensurate with experience. In addition to our
competitive benefits, this opportunity with Travis Credit Union has
a range of:
- Service Desk Technician - Grade 10: $23.40/hour -
- Sr. Service Desk Technician -Grade 12: $28.00/hour -
Keywords: Travis Credit Union, Vacaville , Service Desk Technician, Professions , Vacaville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...